Pregnant in Nevada and Don’t Want the Baby
Pregnant in Nevada and Don't Want the Baby
Pregnant in Nevada and Don’t Want the Baby
By Elle Kerrigan
You’re faced with an unplanned pregnancy in Nevada, and considering your options, you may feel curious about adoption and how the process works. It’s possible you feel worried about what lies ahead. This is a normal feeling that many mothers who consider giving their baby up for adoption feel. At Adoption Choices of Nevada, we want you to keep in mind that you are not giving anything up. We are a licensed, non-profit adoption agency that serves the state of Nevada. We see every day how adoption provides new light to children, birth mothers, and prospective families. If you’re in Nevada and thinking about placing your baby for adoption, our information will help you make a more informed decision.
The Nevada adoption process
- Contact us – Getting in contact with Adoption Choices of Nevada is the first step to kicking off the adoption process. Depending on where you are in Nevada, we have a phone line operated by our team of adoption specialists. We also have locations in both Reno and Las Vegas, as well as an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be able to answer any questions about adoption that you have. If you choose adoption, we will assign an adoption specialist to your case that will stick with you throughout your journey.
- Create a plan – Once you make the decision that adoption is right for you, we will help you create an adoption plan. With the help of your specialist, you will choose your type of adoption (open, semi-open, or closed), choose your adoptive family, and make a birth plan. Planning the details through an adoption plan can help you feel more in control of the process. You can plan everything according to what works best for you.
- Consider post-adoption support – Post-adoption support is available with Adoption Choices of Nevada. We know that this can be an emotional time. That’s why we hold a Birth Parent support group and have specialists always available to listen. Financial support is also available to those who qualify. This will help with medical and pregnancy expenses, housing, and any other related costs. Through our adoption agency, support is always available.
Benefits of Adoption in Nevada
If you’re weighing your options, you may be wondering what the benefits of adoption are. At Adoption Choices of Nevada, we see these benefits come to life every day.
- The gift of a child – One of the biggest benefits of adoption is that you are providing a child to a family that has been waiting for this moment. Many of our waiting families have either lost a child in the past or are unable to conceive. These are unfortunate circumstances, but it is ultimately a beautiful opportunity to be able to give a child to those who desire one the most. The process of adopting a child is involved and requires a great deal of commitment – nobody who is waiting to adopt is unsure of their decision. This means that you can be sure your child is going to a loving family who wants nothing more than to accept your baby with open arms.
- Taking control of your life – It’s okay not to want to become a parent. Regardless of your reasons, the choice of adoption gives you the freedom to live the life you wish to live. Not only can you know that your child is safe and happy, but you can know that you made the best decision for yourself. Motherhood is not the best option for every person, and there is no shame in that. You are not stuck in any circumstance.
- You are not giving up – As we’ve said before, giving a baby up for adoption is in no way giving up. You are making an active effort to better the circumstances for both you and your child. You are not losing anything, and there is even the possibility of communication with your child with open adoption if this is something you desire.
With our help, understanding and pursuing adoption can become much more possible. Adoption Choices of Nevada has been providing adoption in Reno, Las Vegas, and throughout Nevada since 2008. Adoption in Nevada with endless support is possible through us. If you’re experiencing an unplanned pregnancy in Nevada and would like to reach out, visit us at one of our locations, send us an e-mail, or call us at 855-940-4673 (Toll-Free) | 702-474-4673 (Las Vegas) | 775-825-4673 (Reno).