Newborn Baby Adoption
Adoption Choices of Nevada specializes in newborn baby adoption. From the moment a woman discovers she is pregnant until she gives birth (and even after the baby is born), adoption is an option with Adoption Choices.
What Is Newborn Adoption?
When searching for adoption information, you will likely come across the phrases “private adoption”, “domestic adoption”, and “infant adoption.” Are these the same thing? Generally speaking, yes. These phrases are used interchangeably in most situations. For example, Adoption Choices of Nevada is a private adoption agency, assisting with domestic adoption, and specializing in infant adoption.
Newborn adoption, however, does refer to something specific: When parents adopt a baby under 6 months old from the U.S. Even more specific than that, the vast majority of newborn adoptions occur at the hospital shortly following birth.
If you are pregnant and thinking about adoption, here’s what you can expect with Adoption Choices of Nevada:
- Options counseling to help you decide whether an adoption plan is best for you and your child.
- No pressure to put your baby up for adoption; you are never obligated to choose adoption and may discontinue the adoption process at any time.
- Free adoption services as well as financial assistance throughout your pregnancy.
- Completely confidential assistance; the information you share with us will not be shared with anyone.
- Proactive adoption planning so you can provide the type of life and future you want for your child.
- Control of the adoption process, including choosing the adoptive parents you for your baby and the type of relationship you want to have with them during and after the adoption (i.e. open adoption, semi-open adoption, or closed adoption).
- 24/7 access to your adoption social worker so you can get the support you need, when you need it.
- All the time and help you need to decide whether placing your child up for adoption is right for you – from the moment you discover you are pregnant until after the baby is born.
We would love to answer any of your questions about our program, and to assist you in making an adoption plan that will work for you.