Are You a Pregnant Woman Considering Adoption in Las Vegas?
Are You a Pregnant Woman Considering Adoption in Las Vegas?
An unplanned pregnancy can be confusing and overwhelming. You may feel like your world has suddenly turned upside down and there’s nowhere you can go for help. But that’s not true. You are not alone and you have options. In fact, you have three unplanned pregnancy options to choose from — terminate your pregnancy, parent your child or place your child for adoption.
If you’ve stumbled across this resource, it’d be safe to guess that you are interested in learning more about the third option. Well, you’ve come to the right place! Adoption Choices of Las Vegas is here to help! Adoption is a wonderful option to consider, and we will gladly provide all the information and resources you need to make a decision that you feel confident about.
To get you started, here are some things for you to know if you are a pregnant woman considering adoption in Las Vegas.
Resources and Services Our Adoption Agency Offers
Adoption Choices of Las Vegas will make sure you are supported during your pregnancy and adoption journey. When you choose to work with our adoption agency, you will have many resources available to you. These include:
- Financial assistance. Depending on your specific circumstances, you may qualify to receive financial assistance and have court-approved living expenses covered, such as: rent, utilities, medical care, groceries and transportation. Additionally, the adoptive parents may be able to help you out with other costs, such as maternity clothing and other basic needs. Be sure to consult with your adoption caseworker to find out more details about this, and what you are eligible for.
- Adoption counseling. We understand that mental health is just as important as your physical health. This is why all pregnant women and birth mothers have access to our free counseling services. You can make an appointment with one of our adoption counselors before, during or after your adoption journey to receive emotional support and guidance.
- Post-placement support. After your child’s adoption has been finalized, you are able to get post-placement support from our adoption agency. We understand that your grieving and healing process can be challenging. That you may experience unexpected emotions after placing your baby for adoption, we are here for you. This isn’t something you have to go through alone. We are here to help you healthfully move forward with your life post placement.
Benefits of Working with Vegas Adoption Agency
- You have control. Not only is placing your baby for adoption with our adoption agency free to you, but you also have full control over your adoption journey. This means that, no matter what, you get the final say in whatever happens. Your adoption caseworker will provide you with all you need to know in order to make the best decisions for you. What’s more, you will be making all of the decisions in a judgement-free environment.
- You get to select the adoptive parents. One of the decisions you get to make in the adoption process is choosing the adoptive family. This is an important decision, and not one to be taken lightly. No one can make this decision for you. Only you really know what is important for you and your child. However, you won’t be alone. Your adoption caseworker will provide adoptive parent profiles for you to review, based on any preferences or wants you previously laid out in your adoption plan.
- You get to choose the type of adoption you want. When it comes to placing your baby for adoption, there are three different types of adoption to choose from — open, semi-open and closed. These will determine how much openness and involvement you want to have after the adoption has been finalized. Each one offers its pros and cons, so it’s important to learn as much as you can before making a final decision. Your adoption caseworker can help describe what each type of adoption entails to help you.
The Benefits of Adoption
- Adoption relieves stress leading to better mental health. Adoption allows you to relieve the financial and emotional stress of unplanned pregnancy and parenting when you’re not ready or don’t want to be a parent. There is no shame in this. Parenthood is not for everyone and is a huge commitment. Thus, if you choose adoption, you are selflessly and courageously putting the needs of your baby before your own. This is not easy to do, but extremely commendable.
- Adoption allows you to reach your goals. An unexpected pregnancy can withhold you from finishing or starting school, starting a new job, moving, traveling, saving up money, etc. But putting your life on hold is not your only choice, especially if you are not ready to have a family of your own. Adoption gives you the option to place your child in a loving adoptive family so that you can continue pursuing your life goals.
- Adoption helps hopeful parents become parents. Becoming a parent is a dream that many hopeful couples and individuals have. But, sadly, this may not be able to happen for them naturally. Adoption is a popular option for same-sex couples, single individuals and those struggling with infertility. Being able to provide a family with a child they yearn for so much is a gift. Without adoption, some hopeful parents would not be able to experience all of the joys and rewards of raising a child. They will be forever grateful and thankful for you and your selfless, loving choice.
Both you and hopeful adoptive parents benefit from choosing adoption. Using your ability to give a couple or individual a child is something not everyone can do. It is a gift that is beneficial and appreciated for a lifetime.
Pregnant Woman Considering Adoption in Las Vegas
Adoption is not a gift many women get to experience giving. Every adoption journey is different and unique to each birth mother. You can reach out to our adoption agency and other birth mothers to ensure that you never feel alone or unsure of what is next or best for you.
Adoption Choices of Las Vegas is ready to be your first step to starting your adoption journey. Our adoption agency is available 24/7 to help, and our staff is equipped to answer any questions you have.
Adoption Choices of Las Vegas has been providing adoption and surrogacy services across in Las Vegas since 2012. For information more general to Nevada, please visit our mother site Adoption Choices of Nevada. For information specific to Reno, please visit our sister site Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno. You can also call us to speak to someone now. Contact Us 24/7: CALL OR TEXT 702-474-4673
Meet the Author: Cynthia Knott is pursuing her English major and Educational Studies minor at Siena College. As President of Siena’s Best Buddies club and secretary during sophomore year, she was always writing and editing emails or flyers. She not only loves reading, but also enjoys researching any topic that intrigues her. Ever since she was 12 years old, Cynthia would watch every documentary on YouTube and then excitedly summarize each one for her family.
Along with various volunteer work at soup kitchens and schools, Cynthia has worked as a telephone marketer and childcare employee. She is grateful to these experiences, as they have allowed her to meet all types of people and developed her communication skills through them. This, in turn, has enhanced her writing skills.